Are you expecting a newborn? Many families wonder what the difference between a nanny and a newborn specialist (commonly known as a Baby Nurse) may be. There are some distinct differences and you should certainly understand the differences before deciding on which hire is best for your family.
1. A Baby Nurse is a Specialist in Newborn Care and generally work exclusively with newborns.
2. A Baby Nurse will get up with baby at night and sleep train your baby.
3. A Baby Nurse will Provide education and specialized tips and support in Newborn Care.
4. A Baby Nurse is temporary and usually work anywhere from a few weeks to several months.
5. A Baby Nurse is trained and works exclusively with newborn babies and can specialize in multiples, preemies, reflux, breastfeeding and more!
The best solution is to hire a baby nurse initially when you bring baby home from the hospital and transition to hiring a nanny after a few months or in connection with when maternity leave is ending if working for an employer.